IB Diploma Programme
Our IB Diploma Programme is primarily geared towards those students of our secondary school who are planning to attend universities in Europe, Australia, the USA or Canada.
Most of our IB students joining are either Europeans coming to live in Manila or children of Filipino business people or diplomats. Generally, the IB diploma programme is a fantastic opportunity for students intending to go to a university abroad.
International universities normally require 12 years of previous schooling and entry qualifications. This is where the IB Diploma comes in: It was created 40 years ago for the specific needs of international schools, whose students demand freedom of choice of universities worldwide.
Today it is highly regarded in most countries: IB Diploma students are often allowed to enter US universities at Sophomore level, in Britain IB Diploma graduates take preference over students with British A-levels. A good IB diploma is an excellent starting position in the run for international scholarships.
The subjects of our diploma programme are taught by highly qualified teachers. The vast majority has been trained in European schools and has attended IB workshops. Each of them holds at least an M.A. or equivalent in their respective subjects.
Our ongoing success in the Diploma can be seen by the results in the 2017 academic year. Of the students sitting the full diploma, 16 of 16 passed. The highest score achieved was 40 out of 45. We were at or above world averages in all of the following subjects:
- German A: Language and Literature HL/SL
- English A: Language and Literature HL/SL
- Spanish A: Language and Literature HL/SL
- Hebrew A: Literature SL
- Chinese A: Literature Self-Taught SL
- German B HL
- French B SL
- Spanish ab initio SL
- Economics SL
- Geschichte HL
- Psychology HL
- Biology HL/SL
- Chemistry HL/SL
- Physics HL/SL
- Mathematical Studies SL
- Mathematics HL
- Music HL
- Visual Arts HL
Congratulations to our class of 2017. Well done!
On top of the opportunities provided by the IB Diploma our school can offer:
- Full and partial scholarships for students with high academic potential and proven financial need. (Approach DSM Administrator for application)
- Help with obtaining German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) scholarships to German universities
- Help with opening the door to European companies
- Help with obtaining student visas to the EU