The School Library
The Library of the European International School (EIS) Manila, which houses both German European School Manila (GESM) and Lyçée Français de Manille (LFM) Libraries, can certainly be called the "heart" of the school. This is where the whole school community meets up.
The walls of the library hold a wealth of information about subject areas, recreational interests and “real world” topics. The library currently manages a portfolio of approximately 30,000 resources in German, English and French including non-fiction, fiction, audiovisual media (CDs, DVDs and audiobooks) as well as newspaper and magazine subscriptions.
Our library is a room where you can feel home, where you have the opportunity to lean back and relax, where you can find an extremely wide range of study materials. The school library wants to satisfy the interests and needs of different visitors as much as possible. At the library there are the following facilities available: a workplace for students and school groups with Computer and Internet, enough room for events and a reading corner for individual reading or discussions in smaller groups.
All departments of the school are involved in the process of ordering media. Individual needs – as far as they are relevant for a bigger group – will be considered accordingly.
Operating hours are from 7:30 a.m. - 3:30p.m. Mondays to Fridays, except on GESM school holidays. For any GESM Library concerns, contact Rebekka Pfaff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Promotion of free and interest-led reading
- Library guides
- Provision of current children's literature
- Creating a literate and learning-conducive atmosphere in the library
- Reading promotion actions to improve reading skills and motivation
- Provide Literature and resource materials for teaching
- Establishing effective research options
- Provision of media boxes and handsets
- Accompaniment school action weeks and projects through events and exhibitions